• Registered Users :
  • 159444
  • Current Active Users :
  • 101207

Your Answer

Question ID : 38117

Invalid ITR of AY 2017-18

My client has come to know that his ITR for AY 17-18 has become invalid due to non reply of 139(9) notice. What remedy is available now? More than Rs 3 lakh tax was deposited related to that AY.

Posted by CA. GHOSH SAMRAT on Apr 29, 2019


Answer ID : 76521

File a new return as original return u/s.. 139(4). Date of filing return will be the date of filing new return.

Posted by CA. chunauti dholakia on Apr 29, 2019
Answer ID : 76525

Assessee needs to submit an application to their assessing officer requesting to condone the delay in filing of return. Post satisfaction, the assessing officer will pass an order, accepting or rejecting the claim. Once the application gets accepted by the officer, the assessee can proceed with filing of the return online.

Posted by CA. BISHT RAKESH on Apr 30, 2019
Answer ID : 76652

you have to file a petition u/s 119(2) to the principal CIT for condonation of delay and thereafter file a fresh return

Posted by CA. VENKITARAMAN K V on May 26, 2019
Answer ID : 76779

You may move the CBDT under section 119

Posted by SIVADAS CHETTOOR on Jun 07, 2019