• Registered Users :
  • 159478
  • Current Active Users :
  • 101235

Your Answer

Question ID : 38137

Conversion of Society from state to across india

We have a society registered in Karnataka last 7 years back, which is running an educational institute, they want to open a school in other states now, Hence they want to register this society under Indian Societies act. Can any one guide me on the process.

Posted by Deepak Pai on May 11, 2019

Filed Under MISC.

Answer ID : 76552

A society can only be operate throughout India , when registered as National Level Society . Please confirm if the Society is National level or State Level ?

Posted by CA. BISHT RAKESH on May 11, 2019
Answer ID : 76556

sIr In my opinion the same society can take up the schoola nd accounts consolidated and get the return filed at the original place. IN CASE OF SOCIETIES YOU HAVE TO BE VERY CAREFUL THESE DAYS. tHANKS (charan dass sharma)

Posted by Charan Dass Sharma on May 12, 2019
Answer ID : 76561

If the society is registered in only one state, it has to register as per multi-state society act to operate from more than one state.

Posted by CA. chunauti dholakia on May 13, 2019
Answer ID : 76574

I am of the view that it is enough if a society is registered in a state. Readers may please provide the information about multi state societies Act. To the best of my knowledge there is an Act known as "societies registration Act 1860 which law has been adopted and amended by various states. As per the constitution also it is state subject. There is a multi state cooperative societies Act which applies only to cooperatives and not to ordinary societies. Please enlighten.

Posted by SIVADAS CHETTOOR on May 15, 2019
Answer ID : 76641

you can incorporate a Sec.8 company under the Companies Act 2013 and start the schools in different states as this co will have pan India jurisdiction.

Posted by CA. VENKITARAMAN K V on May 25, 2019
Answer ID : 76759

Since your society is registered in a particular state. Therefore you cannot open and run the school under that society in other states. As it is required to run the school under the society, so it is advisable to register society in other state . Alternatively school can be run in the section 8 company.

Posted by CA. JHA SHANKAR KUMAR on Jun 06, 2019