• Registered Users :
  • 159444
  • Current Active Users :
  • 101207

Your Answer

Question ID : 38151

Difference in Input credit with GSTR 2A

If a person has claimed Input credit on transport service for a few months but not paid reverse charge, In such a scenerio ,Can he correct the figures of input in GSTR 9 and pay tax due from IGST Credit ledger

Posted by Mahesh Kumar on May 18, 2019

Filed Under GST

Answer ID : 76587

Yes , you can do so. You have all the rights to correct your omission

Posted by CA. BISHT RAKESH on May 19, 2019
Answer ID : 76597

In GSTR 9 , the assessee can correctly report the actual taxes payable under respective heads while updating Table 9, though, this correct reporting does not account for automatic intra-adjustment of tax under CGST, SGST, and IGST. The shortfall of tax needs to be paid off while filing GSTR-3B of the subsequent month or by filing DRC-03 and the taxes paid in excess erroneously can be claimed as a refund. Also, there is no interest liability on taxes shortly paid in such cases.

Posted by CA. BISHT RAKESH on May 21, 2019
Answer ID : 76619

It can be done. but the tax on RCM together with interest has to be remitted through a DRC challan in cash. Adjustment of ipt not allowed.

Posted by CA. VENKITARAMAN K V on May 24, 2019
Answer ID : 76689

yes, but liability to be paid in cash

Posted by CA JEET REWRI on May 30, 2019