• Registered Users :
  • 159145
  • Current Active Users :
  • 100984

Your Answer

Question ID : 38154

TDS challan adjustment

We have deposited TDS mentioning Ass Year 2019-20 Can We use this challan for ass Year 2020-21 also

Posted by Mahesh Kumar on May 20, 2019


Answer ID : 76595

No, you need to request for the necessary rectification . The power to amend such wrong details in challan after payment of tax in OLTAS has been given to Assessing officer and Bank depending upon the type of correction, which has been provided as follows for the benefit of all concerned. At present, the banks are permitted to correct data relating to three fields only i.e. amount, major head code and name. The other errors can be corrected only by the assessing officers.

Posted by CA. BISHT RAKESH on May 21, 2019
Answer ID : 76603

You have to approach bank within 7 days of deposit of challan. If this time limit is expired, you have to approach A. O. to rectify Assessment year.

Posted by CA. chunauti dholakia on May 21, 2019
Answer ID : 76604

Yes, Challan of previous year can be used in further year TDS Liability , and Serial No. and BSR needs to be mention in further year TDS return.

Posted by HARJEET on May 21, 2019
Answer ID : 76611

if a wrong year was shown in the TDS challan, get it corrected through the bank or through your jurisdictional officer.

Posted by CA. VENKITARAMAN K V on May 21, 2019
Answer ID : 76669

Can be rectified either through bank or AO

Posted by SIVADAS CHETTOOR on May 29, 2019