• Registered Users :
  • 163021
  • Current Active Users :
  • 103475

Your Answer

Question ID : 42207

Income abroad for a indian resident going abroad on Student Visa

A person has Salary Income from India for 5 months and has gone abroad for higher studies for PG Course. There he is authorised to do weekly job for specified hours. Whether he will be treated as resident and his forein income will be clubbed in Indian Salary for 21-22 Previous year During 21-22 his stay in india is 175 days

Posted by Mahesh Kumar on Jan 10, 2022

Filed Under AUDIT

Answer ID : 81406

He become non resident in India then his foreign income is not taxable in India. Otherwise taxable in India and credit for taxes paid in foreign credit will be allowed in India.

Posted by CA. KHASGIWALA ASHOK on Feb 02, 2022