• Registered Users :
  • 163721
  • Current Active Users :
  • 103908

Your Answer

Question ID : 44420

Wrong Ass Year in TDS Challan deposited online on Income Tax site

In the TDS challan deposited online in Dec 2022 by mistake on income tax site Asessment year was wrongly put as 2021-22 instead of 2023-24 and now demand has been raised for same challan amount plus interest while checking Statement status. What shoud be done to rectify mistake

Posted by Mahesh Kumar on Feb 01, 2023


Answer ID : 83903

You can write an e-mail to the concerned AO (e-mail can be seen from the "Jurisdiction Details" in "my profile" tab of the Income Tax login portal) requesting the change of assessment year pertaining to corresponding challan. The response from the income tax department is quick. Once the assessment year gets changed, your problem may get solved.

Posted by SAI RAM ADABALA on Feb 01, 2023
Answer ID : 83905

Correct your challan by login into TRACES website and modify the challan. Once challan is modified, demand will be nullifed

Posted by SURAJ KUMAR CHOUDHARY on Feb 03, 2023