• Registered Users :
  • 163750
  • Current Active Users :
  • 103933

Your Answer

Question ID : 44506

Loss from House Property

An asessee has taken Housing loan around 5 years back for purchasing a flat. He is paying interest for last few years before registration of flat. During 2022-23 FY Registration was done and he got posession. Registation charges around 4 lacs were incurred. As there is no rent received This amount of 4 Lacs will result in Loss on housing property Can he carry forward Rs 150000- Loss on house property and adjust it from Short term Capital gain during 2023-24 FY. Flat has been sold in 2023-24 FY and will be transferred shortly. Some principal amount payment has also taken place during 2022-23 FY

Posted by Mahesh Kumar on Jun 26, 2023


Answer ID : 85100

you can not claim registration charges as loss from house property. rather you can book these expenses while calculation capital gain.

Posted by SHUBHAM SONI on Jul 01, 2023